Wednesday 15 August 2007

It's what you do that makes the difference

Yesterday I worked with two very contrasting business coaching clients. The first has been an absolute joy from our very first session. She has taken action with gusto and commitment. The great results she is seeing are tangible proof that what she’s doing is working. This in turn is spurring her on to even greater things and she is singing my praises far and wide!

The second client isn’t making the same progress at all. When we meet (twice so far) there are excuses why actions haven’t been taken (he calls them reasons, I call them excuses). Coaching has been a bit of a disappointment for this client because, despite the pre-coaching briefing, I think he was expecting me to do all the work for him.

I don’t expect this client will continue for much longer and to be honest, I prefer not to work with people who aren’t prepared to put in the effort.

Coaching alone can’t make your business a success. It’s what you do as a result of the coaching that will make your business a success.

No comments: