Friday 14 September 2007

Back on Track – and an A-ha moment!

After my overwhelm ‘blip’ earlier this week, I’m pleased to report that normal service has been resumed in my business.

I’m very relieved because, as I’m sure you’ll agree, it’s vital to keep all the small business plates spinning and not let any drop.

While I was working out what was amiss, I realised something very interesting (my a-ha moment). I’ve always enjoyed writing newsletters (over 6 years now!) – I also write articles to submit to different publications both off and on-line. Sales letters need to be written to publicise my business coaching services and workshops, and, of course there’s this blog.

Because writing is something I enjoy doing, it doesn’t feel like work (although occasionally finding inspiration can be rather frustrating!). So I’ve been trying to fit in all the writing commitments after everything else, cramming them in before cooking dinner. My a-ha moment was that it is OK to write during normal business hours!

My newsletter was sent out so late this month because I didn’t give it a ‘prime time’ slot. That is not going to happen again. I have had people contact me and become coaching clients after reading the newsletter for a while – so it really is an important part of my marketing strategy and deserves to be more than an afterthought at the end of the day! Hooray! I don’t have to feel guilty about writing any more.

No comments: