Friday 5 October 2007

Distance and Perspective

I swear the weeks are speeding up! Today I went along to someone else’s workshop (always a good idea to put a bit of distance between you and your business from time to time) and can’t believe that it’s the weekend tomorrow! I really could do with an extra day this week.

At the workshop, I had a ‘light bulb’ moment, a realisation of something I’ve been doing that is stopping me from being as productive as I could be. I’ve said before that I spend a lot of time researching subjects that can help my coaching clients – and workshop delegates. What seems to be happening is that I don’t know when to stop! I have to learn when enough is enough, so that I can move on to another, equally important, project.

As well as this insight, it was very useful to spend a bit of time looking at my future business plans. Somehow you get a different perspective when you’re out of the office.

Enough rambling, let the weekend commence. Where's that bottle of wine?

No comments: