Friday 18 January 2008

The diary - a moveable feast

Rather a mixed week - and I'm still falling behind in my target number of posts for this blog! Started off well with a new business coaching client. I really get a buzz when people are fired up after the sessions.

I've probably spent more time than I should studying and researching when I should be taking more action and proactively marketing. That said, I have written a couple of sales letters and sometimes they take a while to get right.

Yesterday, it all went horribly wrong. I woke up feeling like I'd been left out in the rain for few days. I'm convinced that, whatever the bug was, it latched onto me while I was in the health centre a few days ago. Fortunately, the symptoms departed as abruptly as they arrived and I feel much better today.

But Thursday hadn't quite finished with me. A couple of emails I sent to remind today's coaching clients met with "I'm sorry but I can't make it." So frustrating when your diary is rearranged at such short notice! (My duvet hasn't looked so attractive for a long time - I just wanted to sulk!)

It's not the actual rescheduling I mind, so much as the short notice - there's no time to arrange anything else in the unexpectedly free time. And of course, there's the knock-on effect when you try to reschedule. I realise that my clients are busy people too, and they need to rearrange meetings from time to time, but I also feel that giving me less than 24 hours' notice is not showing much regard for MY time and schedule.

I've been thinking about how I can minimise this situation, it's a tricky one and I'd welcome comments and suggestions on what you do, if you've experienced this. One thing I'm going to try is to put a little reminder at the bottom of the coaching session notes sheet, just under the date and time of the next meeting.

Roll on next week - and all the challenges it brings!

No comments: