Wednesday 19 March 2008

Act to counter low motivation

I don’t know about you, but when I feel overwhelmed at how much is on my To-Do list or I’m not sure how to move forward with a project, it can affect my motivation for everything else too!

Now, one fact that I absolutely know for sure, is that time is so very precious to all small business owners, and we have to make every minute count or it’s gone forever!

So whenever I feel my motivation slipping because of overwhelm or uncertainty, I have learnt that the best antidote is action. Often it doesn’t matter what that action is, just as long as I am doing something to move my business forward.

One great benefit of working with a coach is that you report in regularly on what you’ve been doing. It’s easy to forget just how much you have achieved when motivation levels are low, so writing everything down is a good reminder and encourages you to take more action. Taking action and celebrating achievements are both vital elements to staying motivated.

No comments: