Thursday 2 August 2007

A Bit of (Late) Spring Cleaning

It happens to me at this time of year, every year. I decide to overhaul the business and set new goals for the next 12 months. The trouble is that often my goals get a bit too big to be practical! Now, as a life and business coach, I always encourage people to make big goals, but - they do need to pass the reality test!

Anyway, this year I think that my goals for the coming year are big, bold, exciting - and realistic.

To make room for the new stuff I need to do some 'spring cleaning'. That's going to mean letting go of some well-loved, old friends. I've been running some of my workshops for a few years now and, while the content is still great and just as useful as it ever was, I feel they're in need of a good dust and polish. To me that means pulling the whole thing apart and starting again from scratch.

To paraphrase a well-known saying, the main difference between where you are now and in a few years' time is the people you've met and the books you've read. Well, since I originally developed and wrote what have proved to be very popular workshops, I've met lots of very interesting people and read piles or great books! Once I learn new techniques and try them out, I like to share them with the small business owners who are my main clients, as soon as possible. Hence the spring cleaning and rewriting.

Watch out for some really bright, shiny, and new workshops coming to a venue near you, very soon!! In the meantime (shameless plug!) don't miss the last Win More Sales workshop on 18th September.

No comments: