Tuesday 21 August 2007

Unfinished Business

If you've been following this blog, you'll know that I'm spending a couple of weeks trying to break out of long established habits - doing a bit of work and having some fun as well, before business gets serious again in September.

Yesterday I blogged that I had found it difficult to break away from some habits. Well, today I managed a bit better, but only a bit. I think I've found the reason why I'm not doing better at this. You see I have some outstanding work from last week, coaching client notes, forms to fill in, etc. It suddenly dawned on me this afternoon that my mind was worrying about this unfinished stuff and didn't want to let go of the 'office' routine until it was out of the way! Simple when you think about it.

So, I've cleared up most of this backlog and will finish the rest tomorrow. Also tomorrow, I'm going to stop being a hermit - even if the weather is still unseasonally cold - and go out.

When I write tomorrow, I'm going to tell you about two very different experiences of human nature that I've had this week.

No comments: