Monday 20 August 2007

Not a great start!

Well, I'm near the end of my first day of doing things differently. I guess some habits are quite deeply entrenched because I seem to have kept to quite a few today.

I'd had visions of taking a long walk by the sea - which is only 5 minutes from my office - but chickened out. I don't know if it's just me but, for August, it feels a bit chilly!

What I have done differently is to not buy a newspaper. I found that I was just skimming the headlines and I can do that on the internet. So far, I haven't missed the bad news that seems to dominate the papers - that's got to be a good thing.

I've enjoyed feeling free to take time out in the middle of the day to do stuff totally unrelated to business - I'll definitely be doing more of that. I guess that my main throughts about this first 'unstructured' day is that it seems very strange and I am missing the usual routines.

The local radio traffic news has just reminded me why I love working from home - the road onto the island is at a standstill - I'm so grateful I'm not stuck in it!

No comments: