Friday 17 August 2007

A change from the routine

It's one thing knowing what's good for you, but quite another to do it! My work with small business owners often involves talking about 'extreme self-care' or 'taking care of your #1 asset'. Taking time out to relax and recharge those batteries are what I tell my business coaching clients to do - all the time. Do I do it? I'm ashamed to say, not as often as I should.

That's why I'm so pleased about the next couple of weeks. It's been a bit scary but I've completely cleared my diary (had my last meeting today) until September! I haven't done that since I started in business nearly 10 years ago!

Now, I don't know about you but I tend to fall into the habit of doing certain things at the same time each day or in the same way - quite unconsciously. Before you know it, my days start to become rather routine and 'boring'. That's going to change over the next two weeks because I'm going to deliberately change both when I do things and what I do.

If you think your days are getting a bit 'samey' (or to put it another way, you're in a rut!) try doing things differently. Buy a different newspaper, magazines or books. Take a different route to the shops. Try some recipes or foods you haven't tasted before. What else can you think of to do differently?

Have fun - I'm going to!

No comments: