Friday 24 August 2007

Small Business Owners - take a break without guilt!

After the somewhat lengthy posts of the last couple of days, I'll try to make this one shorter. I'm not doing so well in breaking out of my routines - I've been varying the time I get up, doing non business stuff during the day - but it has still felt like a working week.

However, there have been some real benefits to the last few days. I've got those annoying jobs out of the way, a phone call yesterday has yielded some new business, and this evening I've been invited to give a talk to a new group of small business owners later in the year! I'm a happy bunny this evening.

What's been most interesting is the lack of guilt I've felt about doing various things - like spending some time updating my speaker profile, researching what competitors are up to, making contact with some new people in Ecademy and reading lots of interesting blogs.

Looking at those activities, they all look pretty genuine in terms of business development. Why would I feel guilty about doing them normally? Will have to think about that.

Anyway, to all small business owners out there - make the most of this Bank Holiday weekend (it's even supposed to be nice weather!). The world will not come to an end if you don't check your emails or if you switch off your mobile phone - honest!

No comments: